Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Tooly Tool Holder

I have seen a few of these and thought I wouldn't really use one...but then I was packing for a sewing day and gathering all the bits and pieces and realised that if I had a Tooly full of most of the bits I need to take with me - it would be quicker to just pick up and go.

I was able to borrow one to refer to as I made it which helped a great deal.  Of course I changed a few bits - - the pockets and ramped up the elastic that holds it together when not in use.
I added a covered notebook...just to coordinate it all.


So this can now stay packed with spares and extras and hopefully I will have everything I need when I'm away from home sewing.




The pattern came from Sew Together - they have updated the pattern to a larger size with room for a small cutting mat and added a handle.  You can find that one here:

(I'm on the look out now for a small purple rotary cutter and even a purple ruler . . .that could be tricky!)



This is using the same range of fabrics that I used for the mini quilt here.....it's from Leanne Beasley - called "Potting Shed".  I'm kinda liking it at the moment....you will probably see more projects using it in the (near) future.

And a hint:  I used foam core as recommended in the pattern, the one I borrowed had something about 1/4 " thick and I think over time that is probably better as I can see my cover is bending already.

Yes Chooky  I know you will "tell me" - I will bring it!......LOL


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan wow what a great idea and thanks for the link to the pattern i am going to check it out,i love the colours and fabric you have done it in,well done my friend xx

Janice said...

That will be so very handy next week. Love your fabrics

Michelle Ridgway said...

It is a great compendium Susan...perfect for your retreats and sewing days xx

Chookyblue...... said...

it looks great and I see you have psychic powers now too........LOL....thank goodness you can read my mind.......LOL

Bethan said...

What a fantastic idea! Good luck finding your purple rotary cutter and ruler! x

Fiona said...

love it..... great make. A friend of mine has one and it's so useful....
Hugz

Fiona said...

ok... i now have a new project to do... thank you!
Hugz

Anthea said...

That's a really handy Tidy to have Susan... well done!
And much more organised than what I do at Retreat - all my stuff gets tossed into a tin & I cross my fingers that I have everything I'll need LOL

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Looks great. Well done . I have had the pattern for a while and kept putting it off.

Maria said...

Sure is a great way to keep everything together for retreat.

cocoya said...

It's a lovely needlecase....
สล็อต ออนไลน์
Gclub