Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Some Finishes

Firstly, a quilt I was making for my eldest daughters best friend's wedding - last December.  Finally handed over to the Bride & Groom.

Secondly two quilts that I had quilted, then bound and are now on their way to Chookyblue for her Caring With Quilts project, to give quilts to all the people who lost their homes recently in the bush fires that raged through the Warrumbungles Shire.  I can't imagine losing everything in one hit and I know a quilt will not make it all better, and they are not even thick enough to keep them warm in the winters there, but its a sign that people all over Australia care.



I still have my February project for Aunt Marti's Challenge to finish.  And some "homework" for my sewing class on Wednesday - eek - February is such a short month!!

Better get my skates on.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done Susan you have achieved alot,gorgeous quilts.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous wedding quilt. I am sure it will be treasured. Great job on the quilts for NSW too.

Anthea said...

Two amazing quilts there Susan, well done, they will be treasured for sure x

Maureen Clare said...

Beautiful - everything is beautiful. February may be short, but gosh you have achieved so much, my friend xox

Tatkis said...

Both quilts are just beautiful!

Hugs,
Tatyana