Monday, July 29, 2013

July Finish

I aim to finish at least one UFO a month.

And if you don't know the drill:    I joined Sew Its Finished a couple of years ago to encourage me to do this - and this year I also joined up with Peg & Kris for OPAM  and to top it off Aunt Marti issued a challenge to finish 13 projects in 2013.  Marti picks a number and we are meant to have numbered the 13 projects and do that number in that month.  Well, this month I have had to cheat a bit.  The project this month should have been #8 and that was making a cushion out  of a piece of machine quilting I did way back - I mean really way back.... I will leave the details for now....so - off I went and bought some homespun for the backing and the cushion insert....Come time to make it....Where the heck is the piece of machine quilting???? I have searched and searched...it must be here...tucked away.... so I had to find another project.


This was started in....well maybe before 2005 (shame shame.....but wait til I find the machine quilted piece....).  The top was all done  - it was sitting in its little labelled box with the backing and binding already made.  




So, now I have a spare box...wonder what I will find to go in it???   Maybe my piece of machine quilting?

12 comments:

Fiona said...

haha.. that is so frustrating when you know something is aroiund somewhere but can't find it!! that is such a pretty quilt there ... well done on a lovely UFO finish...
Hugz

Maria said...

That has happened to me too Susan! Love the item you did find to finish...adore those colours!!

Unknown said...

I admire you being so organised. My UFOs are just folded in the cupboard. Luckily I don't have that many. The 13 in 2013 sound like a great idea too.

Maria said...

Hmmmm I am sure you will that empty box in no time. LOL
A great finish and did you find your cushion top????

debbie said...

Very pretty colours and I love the border fabric! xx debbie

De said...

Very nice. Im sure that missing project will turn up somewhere eventually :)

retdairyqueen said...

A lovely finish
Hope the UFO turns up soon before you make more

Noela said...

A lovely finish Susan. Good luck in your search to find your UFO. Hugs......

Maureen Clare said...

That will make a lovely little coffee table topper. Pretty and yahoo another empty box.

Sooli said...

That rascally UFO! Its hiding from you - maybe it wants to be a quilt and not a cushion! It will turn up the minute you can't find the backing fabric and cushion insert!

Tatkis said...

Lovely finish! Hope you'll find your missed piece soon :) lost things could be very naughty :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

kwiltnkats said...

I hope you find your #8 as it sounds like it's just sitting safe somewhere in your sewing room. Maybe you should replace it with the swapped UFO =^.^= Feels so good to empty UFO boxes! Sandi