Thursday, April 14, 2011

UFO - Finished

I finished my second blue & cream quilt - started last August - in time for my high school friend's "0" birthday in April.  I couldn't be in Sydney to see her open it - but she loves it and hopefully will enjoy snuggling under it as it gets cooler.

My bestest sewing mate gave me a beautifully stitched label to add to the back:
I bought quite a collection of blues creams and a bit of green to make the first "0" birthday quilt for another friend - and plannned on making two together - but I still have enough left over for a third - wonder who that will go to??

Here is a close up of some of the 'starter' fabric - its a border print but it would have been too wide to use as a border on that sized quilt so I cut it into 6" squares and made coordinating 4 patch and 9 patch squares.

and

5 comments:

Oh Sew Addicted said...

I love the colors and the design and the label is AMAZING!!!!!! Keep up the great work! I always sew enjoy seeing your stuff. Keep on stitchin'!!!

Joy said...

Susan it looks so pretty - what a great way to use that border fabric!!! I bet your friend will love it - she'll be so chuffed that you made something so special for her.
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Anonymous said...

Hello Susan, such a pretty quilt.....good feeling when a UFO is finished....love the colour combination of blues and creams...Warm Regards, Lyn

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Ooo, those colours are so perfect together...very French Country, my favourite! A blessed gift indeed!
Hugs
Jenny
xx

BubzRugz said...

Hi Susan, thanks so much for your comment on my Sew Its Finished hexies.... I thought I'd pop in and respond to your question from here.... I just found pictures I liked to trace the stitcheries - there are so many in magazines etc.... then made the hexies to the size I fancied.... I did a sortof tutorial for them on my blog ...
I love this pretty quilt... I'm sure your friend with the '0' does too!
Hugz