Friday, April 14, 2017

100 Modern Quilt Blocks - A Modern Challenge

I bought this book - along with friends Maureen & Inca and another new friend Sue.   We decided we would each make our own version of a quilt using the blocks.

I am working on mine - not ready to show it yet...but I decided to participate in the Queensland Quilters Challenge this year, so used the patterns in the book to create my quilt.


The block patterns are very simple - you can whizz through quite a few in a night...that was some of the reason I chose to use them...very time poor at the moment....

12 comments:

Jeanette said...

Cute little quilt. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

those tall buildings are so effective...
Hugz

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely Susan and good that you can whizz through them! Wishing you a very happy Easter....now yo catch up on your posts!

Bethan said...

Lovely quilt - I love how colourful it is! x

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Very cool! Love quick blocks! xx

Helen said...

Cute houses love your fabrics the colours look great !

Michelle Ridgway said...

It is lovely Susan...how effective they are together. Happy Easter xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,lovely blocks,Happy easter to you and your lovely family.

Anthea said...

Beautiful colours there Susan... can't wait to see it !

kiwikid said...

Beautiful blocks there, love the colours...looking forward to seeing yours.

Susan said...

I like the way you used the blocks to make it look like a neighborhood!

Sandi said...

Fun houses, love the sky and house colours. Took me a bit to track you down, thanks for the lovely comments you leave on my blog. Been busy stitching those leaves and tulips by hand.