Saturday, July 1, 2017

Tweeny Weeny pin cushion

At Chooky's Chookshed party the girls made a tiny pincushion - you can check out some of  them here....Chooky was kind enough to send me the link to the pattern...I just had to make one...it finishes at about 21/4".  Perhaps an exercise in fiddliness.

I think it took longer to decide on the fabrics and cut them than to make it - although a VERY useful tip from Chooky was to cut the strips 3/4" wide instead of 1/2" - and the ones that should be 3/4" - at least 1".  I filled it with walnut shells to 
give it some weight.


Next time though I think I will draw it onto a very fine vilene and leave it in - removing the paper was a tedious part of the exercise.

One quick project finished....I have a collection of 'almost finished'   .... I need to get myself organised....


15 comments:

Jeanette said...

Very cute. Love the colours. Hugs, xx

Helen said...

That is very cute, well done you .....

Maria said...

Such a sweet pincushion Susan...
Unfinished projects ? Yep I just counted 5 stitcheries I'm working not to mention bigger projects ???

Chookyblue...... said...

its is so tiny and cute isn't it..........I want to make more......
and no words of complaint from you were uttered my way..........lol......

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very cute indeed.....craziness but cuteness!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow❤️

Janice said...

Well done. Yes, they are fiddly. If I can just find my walnut shells I'll get mine finished off. I love your colours.

Bethan said...

Very lovely - can't believe it's so small! x

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan wow love your new pin cushion,you are very clever,it looks a fiddley project xx

Sonia said...

Susan, you are a champion... this project beat me at chooky"s.

Anthea said...

No way, that's tiny! Great work Susan, I'm impressed with your patience.

Cheryll said...

C-u-t-e... xox

Jen said...

That is so sweet Susan.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

How cute! I did a little one inch nine patch last year... although I turned it into a keychain instead of a pincushion :) Sometimes I wonder why we do these things... but they are cute! xx

Anonymous said...

Very cute indeed.....craziness but cuteness!

ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก