Thursday, February 14, 2013

Baby Quilt

I wanted to make a simple baby quilt for someone.
I saw this fabric so took a length of that and a coordinating fabric (from the same range).  Quilted and bound it.  Simple - well after I pulled out the first lot of quilting I tried!


and a close up





This is the first time I have tried an all machine binding - it was reasonably successful - a few bits need a bit of catching on the back, but I think for a baby quilt that will probably go in the washing machine a lot - it will be fine.


The fabric is "Down Under" by Shelly Comiskey for Henry Glass Patt #5843.
 I love it - I could be tempted to buy about 10 metres of it - in case I become a grandmother one day??



13 comments:

Fiona said...

Such cute fabric.... I haven't seen it before... the machine binding looks good... I have done it but the other way and I think yours looks better....
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

I have seen that fabric and I think it is gorgeous. Some one has finally made some sweet Aussie flavoured fabrics. Lucky bubba :)

Valspierssews said...

That is the cutest fabric. A lovely baby quilt.

Maria said...

Love that fabric! Your quilt is delightful!

Béa said...

Very cute !

Noela said...

What wonderful fabric. Hugs....

Anonymous said...

very nice.xx

Simone Harding said...

Very cute

Marilyn said...

The fabric is gorgeous, and perfect for a baby quilt. Well done on the quilt - I think it will be well loved.

debbie said...

It looks fantastic, Susan. Very cute fabric! debbie

Maureen Clare said...

Very good. I like the new quilting you did. Simple is often the best and as you said,being a baby quilt, it is going to be well loved. Another finish, yay!

Chris H said...

That quilt is just adorable, well done Chick.

Helen said...

What a great quilt, love it.

Helen