Monday, October 31, 2016

October Finish

A finish for October...I missed a finish in July...but otherwise I am slowly chipping away at older UFOs...still a few to go....I am hopeful I will finish most of them in 2017.

I started this in October 2013.  I was doing a "bargello" project with a group of ladies and wisely chose a smaller project - initially it was to be a runner for our outside table - but since then we have changed the table and what I had already started was then too wide to use on the table, so this will now sit on the servery between the kitchen and outside area.  I plan to make some placemats to match - but just in strips I think.   Enough bargello for now!!


I plan to have at least 3 finishes for November - I have been working on 3 quilts "in tandem" - the thought being that if I worked on just one at a time - the second and third would have been harder to keep focused on...you will see what I mean next month!!

Apart from that - there is a lot of secret stuff happening!
I'm off on a short retreat next week so maybe I can get some of it done then.

Happy Sewing to you all.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan it looks fantastic,well done my friend,and thankyou so much for the beautiful block you did for my quilt,i love it xx

Bethan said...

I love the effect and the colours! A beautiful finish

Fiona said...

Its great.... bargello intrigues and scares me. I think a runner is a sensible thing to make for a beginning and I love yours...
Hugz

Melody said...

I've always wanted to try Bargello. Love your piece.

Melody said...

I've always wanted to try Bargello. Love your piece.

Deb R said...

Bargello scares me too..all those seams lol I see you have a lot of ufo finishes this year,congrats!