Friday, August 30, 2013

August Finish

For Sew It's Finished, OPAM and Aunt Marti - This is my August finished project.
It is not a long standing UFO - for a change.

I had been wanting to do one of Leanne Beasley's quilt patterns for a while but I was able to get my hands on the pattern for this one - Journey of a Quilter.
In August 2011 I was able to do a big shop hop in Sydney when I went down for a visit and found a lovely collection of 30cm pieces of William Morris fabrics.  Then in another shop I saw some Threadworx threads in the perfect colours   and in yet another shop I picked up quite a few creams and beiges.

As soon as I got back I started tracing and stitching.

Now its done.  I had it quilted.  I love it. It will go on the only wall left in my Sewing room  (when I can get "someone" to put the necessary bits up on the wall).




and how true is this ....



11 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Susan,

A stunning quilt, congratulations, lots of work involved with this one.

Happy days.
Bev.

Fiona said...

Susan it is just lovely... and those fabulous fabrics are perfect with your stitcheries.... you must be so chuffed with it...
Hugz

Anthea said...

Hi Susan:) Wow, what a magnificent quilt, so pleased for you!! The fabrics, threads... all of it... just amazing... And yes the words are perfect too...
Hang it & admire it, you have earned it!! x

Maureen Clare said...

Awesome, my friend, absolutely awesome..

Anonymous said...

wow this is awesome,gorgeous colours ,well done Susan on a beautiful finish.xx

debbie said...

Congrats, that quilt is gorgeous! xx debbie

Marilyn said...

Beautiful, Susan. I think that might be the pattern I have to do after I finish Butterfly Garden. Seeing yours makes me want to get to it.

Maria said...

What a fabulous quilt.. Love the fabrics and beautiful words you have stitched on it too.

Tatkis said...

OMG, so beautiful!! I love the colourway and every detail!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Massive wow....awesome finish and well done Susan...

Helen said...

Love this quilt and it looks terrific in your lovely colours.... well done.

Helen