Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sewing Caddies for "New Beginnings"

I have made five Sewing Caddies to send to the New Beginnings project - organised by Gum Tree Designers (with Dawn and Jenny doing the collections etc).  They are all almost the same and will be posted off tomorrow.  Nothing outstanding but I hope they will be useful and show those badly affected by the floods everywhere that people care.  I had no great plans for this fabric when I bought it at a closing down sale quite a while back - and its not really my colour choice, but I knew it would come in handy one day!


Sewing Caddy, Needlebook, Scissors holder and scissors, a pin cushion [in green and hard to see] a fat quarter, 6 skeins of DMC and a packet of needles (not in the picture).

Now back to my UFO list!

Happy Sewing til next time
Susan

5 comments:

Susan said...

Wow these items are just wonderful gifts. You are an angel.
Take care and hugs
Susan from South Africa

Oh Sew Addicted said...

Wow! You have been busy!!!! Is there a certain pattern you used to make your caddie, needlebook and scissor keep?
Hope all is well. Seems like you are doing what you love..... sewing!
Take care!

Sue said...

Hi Susan, These look lovely!! So nice of you to do all this work to give away. I am sure the people they go to will be thrilled! Hugs n Blessings from Sue x

retdairyqueen said...

Your sewing caddies look great and Iam sure will be treasured by the recipients

Quilting By Celia said...

Very cute sewing caddy...