Sunday, October 25, 2015

John's 70th Quilt

I decided a while back (about 2 years) to make this quilt for DH's 70th Birthday. As I wanted it as a surprise I could only work on it outside the house - so many group days and retreat days were used to make sure I got it done on time...and of course I had to fit it between all those other projects.

Finally it is finished and handed over to John.



 

 

The pattern is Truly Aussie designed by Helen Stubbings of Hugs & Kisses.  
There are a few sayings that I don't think I have heard before but they all add to the interest.

Now onto all that Secret Stuff  . . . .


10 comments:

Helen said...

Fantastic Susan..... looks great.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan ,wow this is amazing,i bet John was rapt with his gift,well done my friend xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

I really love this quilt Susan. Especially all those Aussie sayings....beautiful fabrics too. I hope John enjoyed his special birthday.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is fantastic ..💖

Noela said...

A great finish Susan and one very happy hubby I think. Hugs Noela.

Maria said...

What a fabulous quilt you have made for your dear hubby....enjoy your secret sewing...

Fiona said...

just perfect and John would have been thrilled...
Hugz

Dawnie said...

Wow how proud you must have felt handing this one over, am sure he was very happy and more so that you kept it secret for so long. Looks unreal, well done

Anonymous said...

Yes I am very happy and in fact showed it off to a lot of the ladies at work today and they were all impressed. John (DH)

Chookyblue...... said...

Johns quilt looks wonderful and so good that you could sneekily get it done for his birthday...........