Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July SAL finish

I posted this one over at SAL but forgot to include it here:

This is from Natalie Birds' book Tis the Season - Chilly Penguin bag.
The stitchery was optional - so I left it out.
To me it was a bit small so I didn't want to make a big fuss of it.
I hand pieced the hexagons instead of paper piecing them - I haven't hand pieced for years so it was nice to do.

I made it from a Charm Pack I won  quite a while back.. I pieced the back and handles as well to use more of the fabric.





11 comments:

Fiona said...

It's so pretty and the piece you chose instead of the stitchery is perfect...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

its very cute Susan,well done.xx

Tatkis said...

Such a lovely bag, bright and cute!

Hugs,
Tatyana

debbie said...

Very nice, love the fabric! xx debbie

Maria said...

That's beautiful Susan...lovely fabrics too. I haven't made much progress on mine...too busy with other projects, lol!

Teresa said...

I think it's lovely Susan!

Noela said...

Very pretty Susan. Hugs.....

Rosie said...

Lovely bag with beautiful fabrics.

Anthea said...

Fantastic job on the bag Susan! The fabrics are so cheery, you won't lose it in the dark, that's for sure... x

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your bag is so pretty and fresh Susan...love it.

Maureen Clare said...

Isn't it great to find a use for our little fabric packs? I love it and it hardly needs the penquin. Too summery for him anyway, the snow would have melted as it is so cheery. Hugs