Saturday, December 29, 2012

I've been on a coaster roll

No - not a roller coaster.  I've been making coasters - they are not big enough to call them Mug Rugs and they are just for fun.
In my main patchwork group (LT for short) each year we either give some fabric or make a block for everyone's birthday.  In 2010 we each made "happy blocks" and I chose blue & silver Christmas themes.  I was able to make them into this:  (with a couple of additional blocks). 

At the same time I collected some extra strips and squares to make into coasters.  Finally, I have finished a set to match.



Secondly, I made 2 for my eldest daughter's best friend who got married on 1st December and since her quilt is not quite ready, I thought I would give her a little something to make up for it.

Thirdly, I made a set of 6 for my daughter to match the quilt I made for her wedding I showed it here.


I am on a roll now - I think I should be making some more for us that we can  use everyday...but I had one more Christmas project to start and finish - a machine cover for eldest daughter.  I forgot to take a photo.


Happy New Year everyone.
May 2013 be a fun filled happy & healthy year

Susan

12 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

You are on a roll. I love your blue/silvery Christmas and all your coasters are great.
Hugs x

Anonymous said...

wow you have been very busy Susan,and i love all your projects,well done.xx

De said...

busy girl! Coasters look great and certainly are useful gifts

Fiona said...

the blue and silver is lovely ... and just a perfect size... I just love the fabric coasters too and will copy that idea... i so much prefer the glasses on fabric rather than plastic or cork... and they hold on the tables better too....
Hugz

Helen said...

The blue and silver make a lovely change from the usual christmas colours, great. Oh yes I too need to make some coasters...... yep on the list now thank you for reminding me.

Helen

Noela said...

Love your finishes. You have been busy Susan. Hugs....

Maria said...

Your table runner looks great in those colours Susan..
Nice to be able to make some extra coasters too.

Cath said...

the title is funny cos I did actually read roller coaster..lol! I like your table topper and of course the coasters.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Teresa said...

Love that blue and silver table topper with the happy blocks from your group. The coasters are great... you've been busy!!!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous bunch of coasters. Love your table topper also.

pepepatchwork said...

Hi, Susan! Thank you for your comment! :) Have a nice year!!!

Maureen Clare said...

Wow photo coasters - you are a clever bunny, must be why I love your blog