Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August Finishes - OPAM & Sew Its Finished

One would think that having been off work for almost 2 weeks and being on retreat for 5 days I would have a gazillion finishes...but no!...I do have things more "progressed" than before but I did manage a few finishes.
   And sorry - you may have seen most of them before....

A very quick one
My first finish at retreat was a small ironing mat - 12" square.  It sits on top of a piece of very thick felt which used to sit under a manual typewriter.  The last one was made 2 years ago I think.

Then I made the Retreat Challenge - a pin & needle holder based on a pattern from Marg Low


The I turned my table topper that I won at Nundle this year into a zippy pouch.




AND - Donna's Dreaming
I finished this off when I came back from retreat...
I am not sure when I made this...I do recall I worked on it at a retreat - before I started going to Boystown retreats and the first one of them was in 2004.  So I guess it was 2003.
I do recall I was working on it and realized I had cut a lot of pieces too small, so I packed it away (quietly) and had to get more fabric and "fudge" it.

This was designed by Donna Elkington  (who used to own a Quilt Shop in Brisbane.)
I do love the border on this one.

Not too long til my next retreat....better  start planning!!!

5 comments:

Maria said...

Donnas Dreaming is a fabulous finish and also you managed some nice little ones too.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice quilt......great name.......what another retreat......lucky you........

Fiona said...

Love the quilt.... and great to have those finishes you did... progress on projects is great too!
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic finishes 💖💖👍

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lots of lovely projects.