Monday, October 23, 2017

Christmas Stockings

A friend of mine from Sunday Stitchers belongs to a group - Knitting 4 Brisbane's Needy (K4BN).  
Each year they supply stockings with lollies to the "needy". 
This year they are likely to provide at least 6,500.
I had thought I could knit one stocking a week for her - mmmm - somehow that didn't happen - so I decided I could easily make 50 little felt stockings - here they are:


I used a decorative stitch in silver for the top and then just sewed around in red, adding a ribbon.

It was a very fluffy job.





9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Job well done.....

Michelle said...

Good idea and cute

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

How cute! I was just cutting out felt yesterday for some projects I want to start! I think it is a good idea to use felt.. knitting is nice too, but takes a lot more time and they both look cute! xx

Jeanette said...

They look good. Hugs, xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great work....lovely Christmas elf xx

Fiona said...

well done.... hope your machine got a good clean after all that fluffing around!
Hugz

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

phew, that’s a lot of stockings! Well done on your 50!

Anonymous said...

hi Susan what a lovely thing to do,and congrats on getting 50 finished,well done my friend xx

Bethan said...

What lovely stockings, and such a wonderful idea. Hope you got all the fluff out of your machine! x